You must be able to answer YES to the following questions in order to be eligible to apply for Making Enterprise Happen investment.
1. Are you an incorporated organisation?
To answer ‘yes’ to this question you should be one of the following:
- Incorporated co-operative (including Community Benefit Society)
- Company limited by shares
- Company limited by guarantee
- Community Interest Company, Schedule 1 or Schedule 2 (Schedule 3 Community Interest Companies are not currently eligible to apply for investment).
- Charitable Company
- Industrial & Provident Society
- Scottish Charitable Incorporated Organisation
- A Trust
2. Is your organisation based in one of the 13 local authority areas in which Resilient Scotland offers investment?
Clackmannanshire, Dundee City, East Ayrshire, City of Edinburgh, Fife, Glasgow City, Inverclyde, North Ayrshire, North Lanarkshire, Renfrewshire, South Lanarkshire ,West Dunbartonshire, West Lothian
OR Will the beneficiaries of your work be based in one of these 13 areas?
3. Do you have charitable, social or environmental objectives stated in your organisation’s governing documents?
4. Do you have a minimum of three unrelated directors?
5. Does your organisation have an Asset Lock or Charitable Dissolution Clause?
6. Is your organisation prevented from distributing profits for private/individual benefit or have a cap on the distribution of profits?
7. Will your organisation have assets of sufficient value to provide security for the loan?
8. Have you approached a bank (or commercial lender) and been turned down for an investment of a similar amount that you will request from Making Enterprise Happen? (Please note – you will be required to provide evidence of this).
If you have answered YES to these questions and wish to make an application for investment, please contact Resilient Scotland on 0131 524 0300, or email email@example.com