You may use the investment for working capital, acquisition of assets, business growth and other capital expenditure. Our investment is designed to allow you to meet the needs of your business and achieve your vision, without being restricted by the requirements of grant funders.
Why Resilient Scotland?
Resilient Scotland is committed to growing the social investment sector in the 13 eligible Local Authority areas across Scotland in which we operate. All of our investments are part grant, part repayable loan and repayment terms are flexible. Funds repaid to Resilient Scotland are recycled and continue to be invested in other organisations.
Start & Grow offers investment packages of between £10,000 and £60,000 to enable businesses to start-up, develop and expand. All Start & Grow investments are made up of one third grant and two thirds loan (repayable over up to five years). We will take security for the loan in the form of a Floating Charge.
Making Enterprise Happen offers investment packages of between £61,000 and £500,000. All Making Enterprise Happen investments are in the form of a mixed grant and loan package (repayable over up to 10 years). We will take appropriate security for the loan.
Eligible for investment?
How to apply
If you can answer yes to all the questions on the relevant eligibility checklist then call us on 0131 524 0300 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will discuss your proposal with you and send you the application form and further information by email. For more information, sample forms and FAQs, go to Start & Grow or Making Enterprise Happen.
What happens next?
- We will assess your application to identify if your proposal meets with our investment criteria and will contribute to the Resilient Scotland strategic vision and charitable objectives
- If your application is to progress, we will ask you to provide a number of supporting documents (for more information about what we require please see the FAQ’s for Start & Grow or Making Enterprise Happen)
- You will be allocated an Investment Manager who will fully assess your application, including visiting you at your place of business. Your Investment Manager will support you to provide all necessary information to allow us to appraise your proposal fully
- If your proposal meets our criteria and outcomes, demonstrates good social impact and is considered financially viable, it will be recommended for investment
- Decisions on investments are made by an Investment Panel, who meet approximately every two months to consider potential investments
- If your investment is approved, we will issue you with loan and grant agreements, detailing any security required, conditions of investment or provision of further documentation
- The full amount of the investment (grant and loan) will be paid into your bank account by BACS transfer
- Resilient Scotland is a responsible investor. Your Investment Manager will keep in touch with you throughout the loan repayment period and will be available to help you should you experience any challenges with your business.