It is the time of year, when you are looking to purchase that perfect present for friends and family. The thought of traipsing around the shops fills you with dread, and you really can’t bear to hear “All I Want for Christmas” for the thousandth time.
Resilient Scotland may have the perfect solution. Why not buy your presents from a social enterprise? Not only are you buying the perfect present, but you are choosing to spend your money with a business that is giving something back, reinvesting their profits to address the most pressing issues, from unemployment to mental ill health and ethical trade. Happy Shopping!
This super heroine underwear not only looks and feel good, but does good too. Profits made from sales of these high-quality undies goes straight into providing funded places on a training programme, and also supports the roll-out of our female self-empowerment programme throughout Scotland.
So when you buy Empowerment Pants for yourself or as a gift, you’re making a positive difference to the lives of women and girls who need it most.
A premium vodka, established by a UK military veteran pledges 20% of its profits to support three military charities. The remaining 80% is reinvested into growing the business and providing employment opportunities for military veterans.
The Larder – Cook School Gift Vouchers
Changing lives through food. The Larder have a passion for food and cooking and want to see an end to food poverty in West Lothian and beyond. The Larder supports young people to find jobs in the hospitality industry and helps families cook healthy meals on a budget.
Stepwell – Cook School Gift Vouchers
Creating employment and training opportunities for disadvantaged young people, whilst promoting healthy eating.
Rainbow Turtle – Selection of Fair Trade Goods
Rainbow Turtle is a group of committed individuals helping to make Fair Trade easy for Paisley and Renfrewshire, and in turn make life better for our producers in the developing world.
JTS is a fair trade organisation which facilitates the import and distribution of fairly traded products to the UK.
New Caledonian Woodland – Range of Food and Drink; woodcraft items
Supporting and encourage environmental sustainability and to support people to improve their mental well-being.
Promote environmental sustainability, ethical textile production and provide Maker Space for those working in the Scottish textiles industry.
Glasgow Film Theatre – Cinema Vouchers
Putting films at the heart of the community. Providing outreach activities in schools and local groups to help instil a sense of civic pride.
UCAN Learn Work Live – Woodcraft & Furniture Making
An innovative, training service aimed at helping individuals who have been disadvantaged and/or excluded from education and the employment market as well as those who are keen to make changes in their lives and move towards greater independence.
Trade Right International – Skin Care Products
Trade Right work with communities in Ghana where women harvest shea nuts to produce butter, which is then handcrafted into luxurious products by employees from disadvantaged communities in Scotland.
Profits are invested in valuable education and community development programmes. Buying carishea products make a difference to all.
Ginerosity – Scottish Gin
Supporting young adults from disadvantaged backgrounds to take part in International citizenship Service Programmes.
GalGael – Hand Crafted Wood Products
Provide a learning environment teaching traditional woodcraft skills for those who have suffered from depression or addiction.